The Real Money Auction House (RMAH) changed the way players look at Diablo 3. Everything seems to have a monetary value as every single item in the game can be sold for real money. Some will take advantage of the system and monetize their riches obtained in the World of Sanctuary while others will just avoid the RMAH System completely. Let’s have a quick breakdown of the features of the new trading system added by Blizzard.
Diablo 3 Real Money Auction House – The Features:
- All ingame gear, commodities and gold can be traded for real money.
- Players will be able to fund their accounts with various payment methods to a maximum limit of $250. The limit is variable depending on currency.
- Sellers will be able to receive funds directly in their battle.net account balance or directly in a PayPal account.
- All trades require a maximum 5 day period to be validated.
- The system is usable only by players with a battle.net authenticator attached to their account.
- PayPal transaction have a standard $1 fee plus 15% of the total auction value for processing fees and an additional 15% trade fee.
- Items sold and cashed out into the battle.net balance have the same fees except the 15% processing fees.
- There is a maximum limit for the value that an item can be sold for of $250.
Diablo 3 RMAH – The Benefits:
- Players can monetize their items into real cash.
- The battle.net balance can save money but it is limited to be used on the Diablo 3 Real Money Auction House and certain digital items on the Blizzard stores or services.
- It will help Blizzard keep the servers alive for decades with the additional cash infusion from the RMAH.
- It is safe due to the security measures imposed to the players in order to use the system.
- Players that do not like farming now have a way to access endgame content easier.
- Blizzard only charges fees if the item is sold, making the entire trade process in the RMAH completely risk free.
The RMAH looks very promising and offers new opportunities for both hardcore and casual gamers. Every player that spent tens of hours farming for gear now has a marketplace to get rid of the items he doesn’t need. Like some might say, one’s junk is another man’s treasure. Even if the transaction fees are a bit high, players started using it from the moment it was launched. It has created a new economic system that rewards the most dedicated players. Truth be told, not everyone affords to spend hours farming.
If we look back, Diablo 2 was launched more than a decade ago. The hardcore Diablo 2 players are now in their mid 30′s, have a personal life, a job and many other obligations. Farming is not for them anymore but the Real Money Auction House gives them a valid option to get the gear they want and enjoy the game just like the other hardcore gamers.
On the other hand, the Real Money Auction House is also a place where abuses can take place and players can list useless items for ridiculous amounts. Time will need to pass to stabilize the market in which the auctions have realistic biding prices.
Incoming search terms: nblo gs (29),RealMoneyAuctionHouse:CompleteOverview!(Features&Benefits) (1)